Before working with the Lauro Law Firm, Andrea St. Amand was a partner with Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, practicing in the areas of complex civil and criminal litigation. Andrea graduated cum laude from the University of Chicago Law School in 2001, and magna cum laude from the College of Charleston in South Carolina, with a B.A. in English in 1996.
She is admitted to practice in South Carolina. She is also admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina.
She is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association, and now lives in Charleston.
Andrea has worked on numerous trials in both the jury and nonjury setting, has successfully counseled clients through mediations, and has been a member of the trial team in the following notable cases:
- Worked with Lauro Law Firm in obtaining a Rule 29 acquittal in a criminal case on behalf of a former executive of Medical Manager (now WebMD), who had been accused of violating federal securities and conspiracy laws;
- As special counsel to a United States Bankruptcy Trustee, obtained a $484 Million jury verdict, the largest in South Carolina history. The case involved the failure of a loan product based on publicly held securities, over 70 financially sophisticated claimants, and assets, evidence and witnesses in multiple international jurisdictions;
- Represented The Episcopal Church in a dispute over the break-up of the Diocese of South Carolina, with over forty parties and $500 Million in assets at stake;
- Obtained a defense verdict for a car seat manufacturer in a wrongful death case; and
- Represented a multi-national pharmaceutical company in a commercial dispute and resolution involving the development of a diet supplement.
United States Supreme Court
United States District Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
United States District Court for the District of South Carolina